The Big, Beautiful Loop Motorcycle Tour
Millarville, Turner Valley, Black Diamond, Longview, Chain Lakes, Provincial Park, Nanton, High River, MD Foothills, Okotoks
approx. 3 hours
ROUNDTRIP FROM SOUTH CALGARY
approx. 240 KM
With nearly 250 kilometres of highway humming beneath you, your next adventure is calling you to our Cool Little Towns, The Big Loop Motorcycle Tour. Under gorgeous skies, any weather at any time of day, you’ll tour the most scenic route in southern Alberta through rolling foothills featuring straight, easy riding with some delightful curves to guarantee your interest.
Our 7 featured Cool Little Towns, and experiences along the way, give you plenty of options for open air or indoor eating with quick pit stops in mind or a longer stay. This road trip is one of the most popular for motorcyclists in Alberta and we’ve highlighted the favourite places to eat and visit along the way by our two-wheeled visitors. With the longest distance you’ll travel before hitting the next opportunity to gas up being 87 kilometres, this trip is truly low on worry, high on fun.
Be a road warrior and make it a full day. Or make it a weekend tour and stay in a Cool Little Town along the way. Every town has a campground and most have hotels or bed and breakfast accommodations!
We recommend these featured stops on your big beautiful loop:
- Millarville: Millarville Farmers’ Market
- Turner Valley: Motoburrito food truck, Motöraad Performance Motorcycle Shop
- Black Diamond: The Black Diamond Bar & Grill
- Longview: Twin Cities Hotel (award winning Alberta bison and beef), famous Longview Beef Jerky
- Chain Lakes Provincial Park: hikes, fishing, potable water, swimming, concession
- Nanton: Bomber Command Museum
- High River: Whistle Stop Café, Evelyn’s Memory Lane, 3 nice sized lakes perfect for walking and biking, Hitchin’ Post (bike enthusiasts stop here for burgers and shakes all the time), worth the ride
- Okotoks: Downtown Okotoks, Museum & Archives; Art Gallery, Heartland Cafe, The George Pub, Canadian Brewhouse, Browns Social House
- For full accommodation details, visit Staycay & Chill experiences page.
For additional tours you may like to experience visit:
- The Prairies Past & Present tour showcases the many cool agriculture, cowboy culture and historical narrative of the past three generations throughout our Cool Little Towns.