Alberta Made Tour
Okotoks & area, Longview, Black Diamond, Turner Valley, Bragg Creek
ROUNDTRIP FROM SOUTH CALGARY
approx. 215 KM
approx. 2.75 hours
This Made in Alberta tour is a feast for your senses. Bring your appetite for locally crafted food and drink from the coolest chefs, producers, and makers. You won’t get through this tour without Saskatoon pie, syrup or ice cream; honey mead; Alberta grade beef; u-pick produce; locally sourced in-season, chef created meals; and small-batch spirits!
This tour is a full day, packed with delights. Start the day picking fruit or veggies. End the day being treated to an acclaimed locally sourced meal, with many delicious stops in between. You can be a road warrior and tackle it all in a full, very satisfying, single day. Or, you can break it into an east side (Okotoks, Longview, Black Diamond) and west side (Turner Valley, Bragg Creek) adventure.
Eat, drink and tell your friends! Better yet, bring one or many along for the ride. Head south and then dip west to enjoy the rolling Foothills and west-facing views of mountains and big skies over your open roads.
We recommend these featured made-in-Alberta businesses and experiences:
- MD Foothills (Okotoks area): The Saskatoon Farm, Kayben Farms, Chinook Honey Company
- Longview: Twin Cities Hotel and Saloon (award winning Alberta bison and beef), famous Longview Jerky Shop
- Black Diamond: The Westwood pop-up food trailer, Black Diamond Bakery & Coffee Shop
- Turner Valley: Chuckwagon Café & Cattle Co. before 2:30 p.m. (as seen on You Gotta Eat Here), Eau Claire Distillery
- Bragg Creek – The Bavarian Inn, The Italian Farmhouse restaurant
Check out the events calendar to see live events, festivals, rodeos, pow wows, markets and more that may add even more fun in these Cool Little Towns.
For other made-in-Alberta food experiences you may wish to wander to:
- Okotoks: Bistro Provence, The George Traditional House, Home Ground Espresso Bar
- High River Visit our Handmade markets every Sunday in Downtown High River
Other tour options you may like:
- The One-of-a-Kind Finds tour complements this tour if you like arts, galleries and boutiques.