Alberta Made Tour
Okotoks & area, Longview, Black Diamond, Turner Valley, Bragg Creek
ROUNDTRIP FROM SOUTH CALGARY
approx. 215 KM
approx. 2.75 hours
This Made in Alberta tour is a feast for your senses. Bring your appetite for locally crafted food and drink from the coolest chefs, producers, and makers. You won’t get through this tour without Saskatoon pie, syrup or ice cream; honey mead; Alberta grade beef; u-pick produce; locally sourced in-season, chef created meals; and small-batch spirits!
This tour is a full day, packed with delights. Start the day picking fruit or veggies. End the day being treated to an acclaimed locally sourced meal, with many delicious stops in between. You can be a road warrior and tackle it all in a full, very satisfying, single day. Or, you can break it into an east side (Okotoks, Longview, Black Diamond) and west side (Turner Valley, Bragg Creek) adventure.
Eat, drink and tell your friends! Better yet, bring one or many along for the ride. Head south and then dip west to enjoy the rolling Foothills and west-facing views of mountains and big skies over your open roads.
We recommend these featured made-in-Alberta businesses and experiences:
- MD Foothills (Okotoks area): The Saskatoon Farm, Kayben Farms, Chinook Honey Company
- Longview: Twin Cities Hotel and Saloon (award winning Alberta bison and beef), famous Longview Jerky Shop
- Black Diamond: The Westwood pop-up food trailer, Black Diamond Bakery & Coffee Shop
- Turner Valley: Chuckwagon Café & Cattle Co. before 2:30 p.m. (as seen on You Gotta Eat Here), Eau Claire Distillery
- Bragg Creek – The Bavarian Inn, The Italian Farmhouse restaurant
Check out the events calendar to see live events, festivals, rodeos, pow wows, markets and more that may add even more fun in these Cool Little Towns.
For other made-in-Alberta food experiences you may wish to wander to:
- Okotoks: Bistro Provence, The George Traditional House, Home Ground Espresso Bar
- High River Visit our Handmade markets every Sunday in Downtown High River
Other tour options you may like:
- The One-of-a-Kind Finds tour complements this tour if you like arts, galleries and boutiques.
Distance: approximately 17 km
1. Take Hwy 2 (continuing south).
2. Drive to and turn right (west) on 306 Ave.
3. Turn left (south) on 32 St. (Range Road 293).
4. Turn left into KAYBEN FARMS (watch for sign). Park and u-pick.
Driving Time: 9 minutes
Distance: 8 km
6. Turn left (south) on 32 St (Range Road 293).
7. Turn left (east) on 338 Ave (Twnshp Rd 210).
8. Cross Hwy 2 (do not turn) and follow road to THE SASKATOON FARM. Park.
Driving Time: 15 minutes
Distance: 17 km
10. Turn left (south) on 80 St (Range Road 290).
11. Turn right (west) on 370 Ave.
12. Turn left (south) on Hwy 2.
13. Take Hwy 7 exit south west.
14. At Hwy 2A/Hwy 7 interchange turn right (west).
15. Turn left at Range Road 11 and turn right into parking lot of CHINOOK HONEY COMPANY.
Distance: 33 km
16. Leaving Chinook Honey Company parking lot.
17. Turn left (north) on Range Road 11.
18. Turn left (west) on Hwy 7 to Black Diamond.
19. Turn left (south) on Hwy 22.
20. Stop at Twin Cities Hotel on left and park.
- Twin Cities Hotel for burgers.
- Longview Jerky Shop.
Distance: 18 km
21. Head back north on Hwy 22.
22. Upon arriving in Black Diamond, reach 1 Ave & Government Road (Hwy 22). Park.
- Westwood pop-up trailer
- Black Diamond Bakery
Distance: 4 km
23. Turn west (left) at the 4-way stop in Black Diamond.
24. Head west on Hwy 22 to Turner Valley arriving at 4-way stop.
25. Drive west 1 block further to Sunset Blvd. Park.
- Chuckwagon Café and Cattle Company
- Eau Claire Distillery
Distance: 51 km
26. Return east to Turner Valley 4-way stop and turn left (north) on Hwy 22.
27. Reaching t-intersection of Hwy 22 & Hwy 22x turn left (west).
28. Turn right (south) at Hwy 22 just past range road 762.
29. Turn left (west) on Balsam Ave. Park in mall parking lot or Italian Farmhouse.
- Italian Farmhouse Restaurant
- Bavarian Inn
Distance: approximately 50 km
30. Turn east on Balsam Ave.
31. Turn right (south) on Hwy 22.
32. Reaching t-intersection turn left (east) on Hwy 22.
33. Hwy 22 turns into Hwy 22x.
34. Turn south from right lanes on overpass to MacLeod Trail or Deerfoot Trail.