Cradled in the Foothills, where the prairies meet the majestic Rockies, and situated less than 30 minutes from Calgary’s urban fringe, Turner Valley captures the essence of small town values – a relaxed and safe atmosphere offering superb outdoor recreation and cultural opportunities for visitors to enjoy.
Hop on your hog and take the back roads to the MotoRanch where you can get a delicious lunch at Motoburrito, a Mexican-themed food truck while your motorcycle gets tuned up at Motorrad Performance Motorcycle Shop. Or bring the family and enjoy breakfast or a burger at the Chuckwagon Café and Cattle Co., serving farm to fork beef straight from the ranch. Be sure to wait 30 minutes before heading to the pool or spray park with the kids!
While here don’t miss Eau Claire Distillery! Inspired by the local food movement, Eau Claire offers a one-of-a-kind experience of farm to glass craft spirits distilled using locally-sourced grains and the crisp mountain water of the Sheep River.
Love to golf? The Turner Valley Golf Club is a great 18-hole course close to the city and featuring stunning mountain vistas throughout.
If live music makes your heart sing then be sure to catch a Beneath the Arch concert in the acoustic sanctuary that is our rustic Flare n’ Derrick Community Hall, September to April.
Kananaskis is also just a heartbeat away with breathtaking scenery, wildlife and recreation opportunities. Come, relax, explore and get back to nature…
- Chuck Wagon Cafe and Grill
- Coyote Moon Cantina and Espresso Bar
- Chin Up Cafe
- Turner Inn Family Restaurant
- Mountain Vista BnB
- Wits End Bed and Breakfast
- Bluerock Equestrian Campground
- Sandy McNabb Campground
- Turner Valley Municipal Campground
- Take a tour at Eau Claire Distillery, then stop by the tasting room
- Enjoy a round with picturesque views at Turner Valley Golf Club
- Get back to nature with a bike ride, hike, horseback ride, or kayak trip and take in the splendid backdrop of Kananaskis Country
- Spend a day with the family at the Turner Valley’s Discovery Days and Black Diamond Parade, held annually