The Municipal District of Foothills No. 31 encompasses a diverse rural landscape in which leadership and planning support a strong agricultural heritage, vibrant communities, a balanced economy and the stewardship of natural capital for future generations.
The MD is a rural municipality located adjacent to and immediately south of the City of Calgary. The MD covers an area of approximately 3,600 square kilometres in area, located in the foothills of sunny southern Alberta. It surrounds the Towns of Okotoks, High River, Turner Valley, and Black Diamond, the Village of Longview, and the Eden Valley Indian Reserve. The MD celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2004.
- Stockman’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Corner House Cafe
- Siraia at Sirocco Golf Club
- Kayben Farms
- Saskatoon Farms
- Water’s Edge Pub
- Jane’ Addiction
- Longview Steakhouse
- Nature’s Hideaway Campground
- Hogg Park Campground
For more hospitality options contact the Municipality at (403) 652-2341. Staff will assist you in the right direction based on your travel needs.
- Head out for a scenic country adventure along the historic Cowboy Trail and discover the beauty of Southern Alberta.
- Spend a summery Saturday at the famous Millarville Farmers’ Market and stock up on local fresh goodness.
- Discover iconic Albertan history while taking some incredible photos – from ranching history at Bar U Ranch National Historic Site near Longview, hiking and conservation education programs at the Ann and Sandy Cross Conservation Area just off Highway 22x, and natural history at Okotoks Erratic in Okotoks.
- Explore local arts and culture at the Leighton Art Centre in Millarville.
- Be mesmerized and get an unobstructed view of the entire night sky at one of Rothney Astrophysical Observatory‘s Milky Way Nights events.