45-minute drive from the south side of Calgary Highway 8 & 22.
Tours that include Longview:
Home to Alberta’s strong ranching heritage, world-famous jerky, wide open spaces, the peaceful Highwood River and incredible Rocky Mountain and prairie views – Longview lives up to its name. The town once known as Little New York is a quaint stop on the Cowboy Trail. A short drive away, explore Canada’s ranching history at Bar U Ranch National Historic Site – a ranch established in 1882 and visited by the likes of the Sundance Kid. Longview is the place to discover western Canadian ranching – both past and present.
- Longview Steakhouse
- Twin Cities Hotel
- Little New York Bistro
- The Haywire Cafe and Grill
- Bar U Ranch
- Honky Tonk Tavern
- Java Minute
- Blue Sky Motel
- Archie and Janet Hogg Park
- Tales n Trails Campground
- The Longview Steakhouse Bed and Breakfast
- Take a horse-drawn wagon ride and discover the history of ranching in Canada at Bar U Ranch National Historic Site
- Go on a rafting adventure down the Highwood River with Canadian Rafting Adventures
- Stop by Longview Jerky for some world-famous beef jerky, you’ll love this amazing shop
- Cast a line in the Highwood River
- Enjoy the spectacular Rocky Mountain and prairie views
- Take in some fabulous art and history at our galleries – everything from world class photography to genuine artifacts.