30-minute drive from Calgary close to the junctions of Highway 8 & 22.
Tours that include High River:
This vibrant town is a gathering place for creative and spirited people, rich in quintessential experiences that only small towns with history can offer. From diners where owners know your name to hand-painted murals sprinkled throughout, High River’s charm and landscapes have attracted film production for over 100 years. The reimagined downtown, restaurants, art, festivals and markets are not to be missed, and the incredible people and relaxed pace in High River may just prompt you to stay.
- Hitchin Post Drive-In
- Evelyn’s Memory Lane Cafe
- P & H Family Restaurant
- Whistle Stop Cafe
- The Foxes Den Restaurant
- Ramada High River
- Super 8 High River
- George Lane Campground
- Heritage Inn
- Explore over 120 years of High River history at the Museum of the Highwood
- Play a round at Highwood Golf and Country Club, a beautifully set course
- Wander through town and marvel at the depictions of Alberta’s history with the High River Historic Murals
- Immerse yourself in local history at Sheppard Family Park where you’ll find Ruth’s Cabin, built in 1883
- Find the perfect piece made by regional artists at Evanescence Gallery
- Music in the Park every Sunday from June to September.
- Enjoy the new Downtown landscape and enjoy our Farmers Market, as well as our Sunday Home Made Market. These markets run all summer. Watch for our Winter Markets.