The Town of High River is a Cool Little Town, with a population of just under 13,000. An easy 25 minute drive south of the city of Calgary on Highway 2, this historical western town has a rich history of working with the Alberta film and television industry.
Nestled in the foothills with dynamic views, , which makes High River very attractive to the Film Industry to such series as: Heartland, Fargo, and now the new exciting made for TV Drama series “Tin Star.”
As a lifestyle community, High River’s progressive environment is enhanced by a thriving arts, culture and heritage scene
High River is a people first community on the Highwood River that is a great place to live, work, play and invest. The town offers an enviable quality of life that people line up to be a part of.
Our community offers facilities, services and events that enhance our wellbeing.
Enjoy the fresh new downtown complete with beautiful flowers and trees that line the pedestrian-friendly streetscapes that can be used and programmed for street performances, events, markets, and festivals.
Enjoy your experience with us here in High River and tell your friends. We are very proud of our great community. There is something in High River for everyone.
Contact us for personalized Visitor Information about High River, Alberta, Canada. We will be happy to help you plan your trip.
- Hitchin Post Drive-In
- Evelyn’s Memory Lane Cafe
- P & H Family Restaurant
- Whistle Stop Cafe
- The Foxes Den Restaurant
- Ramada High River
- Super 8 High River
- George Lane Campground
- Heritage Inn
- Explore over 120 years of High River history at the Museum of the Highwood
- Play a round at Highwood Golf and Country Club, a beautifully set course
- Wander through town and marvel at the depictions of Alberta’s history with the High River Historic Murals
- Immerse yourself in local history at Sheppard Family Park where you’ll find Ruth’s Cabin, built in 1883
- Find the perfect piece made by regional artists at Evanescence Gallery
- Music in the Park every Sunday from June to September.
- Enjoy the new Downtown landscape and enjoy our Farmers Market, as well as our Sunday Home Made Market. These markets run all summer. Watch for our Winter Markets.