Situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Bragg Creek is a charming hamlet retaining all the quaint character of the past. Just 30-minute drive from Calgary close to the junctions of highways 8 and 22, it’s a community of artists, ranchers, local businesses, and commuters, existing in harmony with the beauty of nature. The area attracts many visitors, from hikers and bikers to those seeking pleasure in the unique shops and restaurants. You won’t find big-box stores in Bragg Creek! Instead, you might find the occasional horse hitched up outside the local supermarket, a music or arts event, and crafts to buy from local artisans.
Bragg Creek is well known as the gateway to Kananaskis Country, and many choose to take a picnic lunch to nearby Elbow Falls or one of the other beautiful leisure areas off highway 66. Trails for hikers, bikers, horseback riders and skiers alike criss-cross the thick, wildlife-filled forest and open alpine meadows of the area. Thrill seekers can try off-roading at the McLean Creek Provincial Recreation Area, while those looking for relaxation can simply admire the mountain views.
As residents and local business owners we are proud of where we live, and invite you to enjoy it as much as we do!
Bragg Creek is named after Albert Warren Bragg from Collingwood, Nova Scotia and his 14-year-old brother John Thomas who homesteaded in the area from 1885.
- The Italian Farmhouse
- The Bavarian Inn Restaurant
- Creekers Bistro
- Cinnamon Spoon
- Powderhorn Saloon
- Sugar Shake Bakery & More Ltd
- Wild Texan BBQ Company
- Frontier Candy & Ice Cream
- Madrina’s Ristorante
- Bragg Creek Coffee Co
- Boardwalk Café & Wine Bar
- Heaven’s Gate Restaurant
- Snack Mania
- LoKo’s Lounge
- El Gringo’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Redwood Meadows Clubhouse Restaurant
- The Chanterelles Bed & Breakfast
- Spirit Creek Lodge
- Kruger’s Guest House Bed & Breakfast
- Riverside Bed & Breakfast
- Cottage on the Creek Vacation Home
- Folk Tree Lodge
- Easter Seals Camp Horizon
- Horseback riding – Mouse Mountain
- Biking/hiking on the world class trails in West Bragg Creek
- Skate on the outdoor rink
- Boutique style shopping
- Hiking the Trails
- Golfing at Redwood Meadows/Wintergreen